The Town of Rockland recognizes the importance of citizen participation in the implementation and evaluation of the Housing Rehabilitation Program. The Town encourages involvement of residents in the program through establishment of a voluntary Community Development Advisory Committee (CDAC). The CDAC shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Program Director and the Board of Selectmen concerning matters of Program waivers and grievances.
1. The Chairman of the Board of Selectmen will appoint citizens in the community to serve on the CDAC.
2. The CDAC will be responsible for adjudicating grievances that cannot be resolved by program staff and reviewing requests for waivers from program guidelines and making recommendations to the Board of Selectmen concerning those requests.
3. The CDAC will also be responsible for reviewing amendments to the Program Guidelines and making recommendations to the Board of Selectmen concerning those amendments.
4. The CDAC shall be composed of a minimum of three and a maximum of seven members appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Every effort will be made to ensure that the CDAC members are representative of different interests, economic and social roots, and community affiliations.
5. To preserve objectivity, waiver requests reviewed by the CDAC will be presented anonymously.
|Patricia M. Foley||Member|