It shall be the mission of the Rockland Energy Committee to be instrumental in facilitating a community that uses efficient, cost effective, and environmentally sound energy alternatives by implementing the following actions:
- Reduce the total consumption and the costs of energy in the Town of Rockland.
- Propose a comprehensive energy plan to be adopted by the Town of Rockland for its existing buildings.
- Collaborate on various proposals and initiatives that will make the Town of Rockland a leader in substantial ‘green’ energy projects on the South Shore and in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Keep informed of Federal, State and Local funding opportunities that may be able to help the Town in these endeavors and apply for grant opportunities.
- To be an educational source for the community of Rockland by raising public awareness and education regarding financial and environmental benefits of renewable energy sources and energy conservation.
Our vision for the future is to be a leader in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by becoming a “Green” Community by utilizing maximum Renewable Energy sources.