Town of Rockland
Parking Ticket Payment and Appeal Instructions
In accordance with MGL c. 90, § 20A, all parking violations must be paid or appealed within 21 days of issue.
If payment or appeal is not made within 21 days of issue, you will be subject to additional fees and possible non-renewal of your license and/or registration at the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- You may pay your parking ticket on-line at www.plymouthcountyparking.com
- You may mail your payment by postal note, money order or check made payable to:
Plymouth County Treasurer
44 Obery St.
Plymouth, MA 02360
- You may pay in person, by postal note, money order, check or cash at the Collector’s Window at Rockland Town Hall.
You may file an appeal within 21 days of the date of issue of your ticket. Appeals received after 21 days will not be processed. ALL APPEALS MUST BE IN WRITING.
- Complete the Parking Ticket Appeal Form. Print a copy.
- Mail or deliver the ORIGINAL ticket, along with your completed appeal form and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Town of Rockland
Attn: Parking Clerk
242 Union Street
Rockland, MA 02370
- Your written appeal should state your case clearly and concisely as to why you believe that you should not be held accountable to pay the parking ticket in dispute. If you have any pictures to corroborate your claim or handicap placards, please include copies of those with your appeal.
- Your written appeal will be answered in writing within 30 days of receipt.
- If your appeal is approved; no payment will be required.
- If your appeal is denied; payment will be required by the due date specified in the letter. If payment is not made by the required due date stated in the letter, you will be subject to additional fees and possible non-renewal of your license and/or registration at the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
If you do not receive a response in the mail, please call the Parking Clerk at 781.871.1874 ext. 1111 to verify that your appeal was received. DO NOT ASSUME THAT NO RESPONSE MEANS THE TICKET WAS DISMISSED. We respond to all appeals by mail.