What is R.A.D.?
The Rape Aggression Defense System is a program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women.
The R.A.D.System is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training.
R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by Officer Susan Llewellyn, a certified R.A.D. Instructor. We provide each student with a workbook/reference manual. This manual outlines the entire Physical Defense Program for reference and continuous personal growth and is the key to our free lifetime return and practice policy for R.A.D. graduates.
- RadKIDS is the leading educator in realistic and empowering personal safety education for both children and parents.
- The RadKIDS Program is providing children with hope, options, and practical skills to RECOGNIZE, AVOID and ESCAPE violence and abuse.
- Our mission is to educate children with the tools, knowledge and power to recognize and avoid danger as well as to resist and protect themselves from physical abuse.
- The RadKIDS program is based on the foundation of a structured educational curriculum that includes realistic physical skills to escape attack or abduction.
- The martial arts programs that most children are involved in today are typically competition-based and are usually centered around either sport or combat arts. RadKIDS is not a sport, and specifically teaches children how *not* to fight.
- RadKIDS provides the children in our world today with realistic skills to recognize, avoid, resist and, when necessary, escape physical violence and/or harm.
- RadKIDS is a comprehensive, foundational safety education program for children aged 5-7 and 8-12.
Return and practice free until 12th birthday!
Classes are free and scheduled when demand dictates. Contact Susan Llewelyn with intent.
Rockland Police Department
490 Market St.
Rockland, MA 02370
781-871-3890 ext. 134
R.A.D. Instructor Susan Llewellyn