The Town of Rockland Sewer Department has started an infrastructure project to infiltration in the sewer system. Infiltration is groundwater entering the system through sewer pipes and manholes. The additional water creates excess processing at the wastewater treatment facility.
The project consists of manhole and underground pipe repairs. There is no impact on the residents while this work continues. Trucks from Green Mountain Piping and from Inland Waters will be working on various roads with a police traffic detail where necessary. The project is expected to be complete in August 2023.
The Sewer Department thanks our residents for their patience.
Sewer Department Oversight
The Sewer Department is managed by the elected Board of Sewer Commissioners per the Town Charter as follows:
§ C-2.09. Board of Sewer Commissioners
A. There shall be a Board of Sewer Commissioners, consisting of three (3) members, each elected for a three (3) year term, who shall choose a chairman and shall act by majority vote.
B. The Board of Sewer Commissioners shall have all of the powers and duties conferred upon it by this Charter, the Town By-laws, votes of Town Meetings, and the General Laws of the Commonwealth.
C. The Board of Sewer Commissioners shall also be known as the Drainage Committee and shall have all the powers and duties conferred upon it by this charter, the town by-laws, votes of town meetings, and the General Laws. [Added by c. 134, Acts of 1997]
Use the Trash - Not the Toilet
While labels might say “flushable" disposable wipes and other products are clogging our sewer lines and damaging pumps and other equipment. Not only are these problems expensive to fix, they can also cause raw sewage overflows into homes, businesses and local waterways. So, think trash, not toilets!
These items belong in the trash can:
- Cleaning wipes
- Disposable diapers, nursing pads & baby wipes
- Facial wipes
- Tampons and pads
Thanks for your help!
- 2023 Approved Drainlayer List
- Drainlayer Application (PDF)
- Sewer Connection and Development Fees 2023
- Sewer Use Ordinance Final (PDF)
- Waitlist Board Approved 05-2023
- Waitlist Board Approved 4-18-2023
- Waitlist Board Approved 7-18-2022
- Rockland Sewer Investigation - Executive Summary
- Rate Study Presentation - Weston Sampson 3-9-2023
National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
Sewer System Evaluation Study (SSES)
Wright Pierce Study
- Draft CWMP-Phase 3-2023-05-12
- Wright Pierce CWMP Presentation 1-26-2023
- Wright Pierce CWMP Phase 1 Presentation 1-26-2023
- CWMP (comprehensive wastewater treatment plan) Phase 1
- Wright Pierce Study Narrative
- Comprehensive Wastewater Treatment Plan - Selectman Meeting June 15, 2021
- Comprehensive WWTP Evaluation - Report - April 28, 2021